By Senna and Ashley
Ingredients2 ripe mangoes
Directions (For the Oven)
- Preheat oven to 185ºF or as low as your oven will go. Place a Silpat silicone mat on a baking sheet.
- Wash both mangoes, and use a peeler to remove the skin.
- Cut into thin slices, and place them on the Silpat.
- Put the mango in the oven, and bake for 2 to 3 hours, flipping them over every 30 minutes or until they're dry. Avoid cooking too long, or you'll end up with mango chips!
- Store leftovers (if there are any!) in an airtight container. Since they are preservative-free, enjoy them within a few days.
HINT : *If i were to do this again i would've bought the mangoes earlier to give them even more time to ripen. The more ripe they are, the better they taste.
* Some of the slices turned out more chewy than others, next time i would concentrate on making them all the same size
Nature's Candy: DIY Dried Mango. (n.d.). Retrieved January 22, 2015, from http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/How-Make-Dried-Mango-30459610