Monday, January 17, 2011
Pepperoni Pizza - Dutch Oven (Original Recipe)
• 2 packages of crescent roll dough
• 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese (cheddar and mozzarella)
• ½ of a red pepper, chopped • 1 can of pizza sauce (12 oz.)
• 24 slices of pepperoni
• olive oil
1. Grease Dutch oven with olive oil, to prevent burning.
2. Place crescent roll dough at the bottom of Dutch oven, and flatten it.
3. Spread pizza sauce on dough.
4. Add pepperoni, red pepper, and any other ingredients desired to pizza.
5. Place lid on Dutch oven and surround with coals. Cook for 10-15 min.
6. Remove lid, and drop cheese onto pizza. Sprinkle with oregano. DO NOT TOUCH HOT OVEN!
7. Replace lid for five minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove pizza from oven.
I loved this recipe! It is so versatile, in the way that you can include whichever toppings you would like on your pizza. The crescent roll dough tasted amazing as the crust, and it was done in almost no time at all! I suggest leaving the pizza in the oven for 20 minutes. I found that after 15 minutes, the crust was still really doughy.