Dutch oven: Monkey bread
Group: RichardRating: *** Good I would make this at home
- 2 rolls of Pillsbury biscuits
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, melted
- line the oven with foil and spray dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Chop biscuits into quarters. Mix sugar and cinnamon in plastic bag. Drop each quarter into bag and shake to coat well.
- Place the mixture in the dutch oven.
- Melt the butter and pour over biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Check around 30 minutes to see if the dough is done.
Outcome: I expected that I would have trouble starting the fire but I was able to do it with a single match. I had already put the Sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bag together before I started so I didn't have much to do. I cut all the Pillsbury biscuits, put them in the mix and then put them in the dutch oven. I forgot to cut one of the biscuits and put it in so there was less than I expected but there was still more than enough. I had also forgotten to put the butter in before I started cooking but that didn't detract to much from the taste. School had ended and I was still cooking so I had to stop before they were done even though I had cooked for the required time. If I hadn't put the tinfoil around the dutch oven so tightly I might have been able to finish cooking. When I was done they were a little under cooked but the few people who tried them said they were good. If I were to make this again I would make sure not to wrap the dutch oven too tightly in tinfoil and put the butter in before I put it on the fire.