ATTEMPT 3: STRAWBERRY BREAKFAST BARS (RAW & GLUTEN FREE)
Rating: *** (Decent)
Serves: 24 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
-2 cups of almonds
-1 cup of walnuts
-3/4 cup of flax seeds
-2 cups of fresh strawberries (or any berry you wish)
-1 cups of raisins (I supplemented these with raspberries)
1. Grind the walnuts, flax and almonds in a food processor, or chop thoroughly before placing in a large bowl.
2. Puree the berries in a blender and add them to the nut mix.
Note: If you were using raisins, you would add them to the mixture whole)
3. Mix all the contents of the bowl together.
4. Spread the mixture onto fruit leather sheets or onto parchment paper approximately ½ inch thick.
5. Dehydrate at 100 degrees for 12 hours.
5. Flip the bars and dehydrate for another 12 hours.
6. Break into smaller pieces and store in a zip block bag.
· Amount Per Serving:
· Calories: 146.9