Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup dehydrated carrots
- 1/8 cup dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoonsdehydrated celery
- 1 slice dehydrated elephant garlic
- 3 cups chicken stock (I choose to use Better Than Bouillon by Superior Touch)
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat or regular egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb pre-cooked dehydrated chicken or leftover chicken from last night's dinner! At a pinch use canned chicken in water, and crumble it up -- works FINE!
- seasonings: Italian (dried) herbs to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- pepper (and salt*) to taste
Here's What You Do!
1) Use clean cold water or freshly boiled water to re-hydrate the dehydrated items above
2) When they are sufficiently plump, add the olive oil to a heavy pan on medium heat
3) Add the onion and celery, cook for about 5 minutes
4) Add the chicken stock, then add the garlic - crumbled finely, and the carrots, egg noodles, Italian herbs - and lest we forget, the chicken! Then cook an additional 8 minutes
*IF you need to add salt, do so, BUT be careful NOT to over-salt as the bouillon has salt in it ...
There's something about chicken soup -- doesn't matter what time of the year you have it -- it soothes the soul, mends a cold, and fixes a broken heart!
Serve with your own fresh baked bread!
This is a very easy meal and what I like is that there's very little clean-up in the kitchen because you're only using one saucepan
EXTRA: We used bouillon cubes instead of chicken stock because it was smaller, lighter, and easier. If we were to make it again we would have used larger quantities of ingredients, we also would have cooked the chicken for a little bit longer and maybe added more seasonings. But it was definitely a success and very tasty.
By: Curtis Strong and Yannick Day
easy-food-dehydrating.com. Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup, with dehydrated vegetables. Web.
http://www.easy-food-dehydrating.com/chicken-noodle-soup.html. November 12th, 2011.