Sunday, January 16, 2011

Banana Chips

Rating - ***

The only ingredients were bananas and lemon juice (you can use any citrus juice instead).

Start by cutting however many bananas you want into even slices, about 5 to 6 mm thick. Then soak the banana slices in lemon juice (or any other citrus juice) for 5 minutes. After they have soaked spread them on a mesh sheet and put them in the oven at 125 degrees for 18 hours.

If your oven is like mine and it can only go as low as 170 degrees, then I suggest you leave them in for about 10 hours. Mine were in for about 14 hours (I slept in), but my oven turned off by itself a couple of times, so I don't know exactly how long they cooked for. Unfortunately I made the mistake of using wax paper, which is designed for storing food, so all but one of the banana chips stuck to the the pan. The banana chip was good, I just wish that I had used parchment paper instead of wax because parchment is meant for use in an oven. Do NOT make the mistake of using wax paper in an oven.

source: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Make-Your-Own-Dehydrated-Bananas&id=415936

No comments:

Post a Comment