Preparation: (assuming you have a fire going)
- First we took a handful of mix and added water until it got to a nice soft doughy consistency, but also with enough water to keep it together.
- When you have it into a ball of the desired size coat the outside with flour or more mix to prevent it from sticking to your hands.
- Take a stick or rod that can be held over the coals of a fire and coat the end in flour or mix to prevent it from sticking to the dough.
- Skewer the ball.
- Hold the stick over the fire slowly rotate it to make sure the dough is cooked evenly.
- When the dough is lightly browned and cooked all the way through remove it from the stick.
- At this point you can add any seasoning you want(We added jam and butter).
-3 cups of flour
-dash of salt
-1 tsp baking powder
-2 tbsp lard or crisco-water
What to improve upon:One problem we encountered was adding too much water to the mix. To fix this the next time we add water slower, trying to keep the dough at a better consistency. We also found that it is important to spread the dough thin over the stick. We put it on a bit too thick and i caused the dough not to be fully cooked all the way through.