Bannock on a Stick
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Nutella, peanut butter, jam, or garlic butter
1. Mix dry ingredients into bowl. Pour water and melted butter over the mixture. Stir into a lump.
2. Place dough onto a floured cutting board or flat space. Separate the dough into balls.
3. Roll each dough ball around a stick, ensuring it will not fall off. Cook for 10-20 minutes over an open flame, depending how close to the fire you cook. Ensure the inside is cooked, wait until dough is hard.
4. Cut open the bannock and add a flavour of your choice. Enjoy!
- Tips: Be sure to cook long enough; cut open the the bannock while it's cooking. If the inside is still soft, keep cooking.
- Bring extra dry ingredients like sugar and flour in case the dough gets too sticky.