Raw Fruit Bars
By Ellen Kinsey and Jessica Lind
· cups sprouted oats
· 1 cup dates (soaked in water for 1 hour)
· 1 cup raisins (soaked in water for 1 hour)
· 1 tablespoon nutmeg and cinnamon
· 1 dash orange juice
· 1 dash of a pear,
· Chocolate chips
1) Bring all ingredients and homogenize them in a blender until it becomes one ingredient of a lumpy texture.
2) For sampling place the recipe into small clumps in the hydrator.
3) Place in dehydrator for 18 hours.
Hints: We attempted to create a recipe in which was different however; the recipe we chose had no picture so we weren’t able to see what the turnout was supposed to be like. Also, the recipe includes one tablespoon of cinnamon and one tablespoon of nutmeg. After tasting the outcome I would suggest only using a small amount of these ingredients as the taste is overpowering. Lastly, after 18hrs in the dehydrator, we felt as though it wasn’t complete so we left it in for twenty two hours instead and it looked much better.
Dicentra. "Raw Fruit Bars." Food.com.Web. 20 Jan. 2013. <http://www.food.com/recipe/raw-fruit-bars-485428>