Meghan and Lauren
“Life is like a fruit roll up; you never know how it’s going to unfold”
Recipe: Fruit smoothie roll ups
Strawberry Banana smoothie
- 2 large bananas
- 12 fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp of honey
- ½ cup of pineapple juice
- Peel and chop bananas thin enough to blend easily.
- Cup off leafy part of strawberries and wash
- In blender, add fruit and honey.
- Add in juice gradually throughout the blending to help it mix better.
- Blend until smooth.
- Poor the smoothie onto fruit rolls up tray liners the size of a CD disk.
- Do that with the rest of the smoothie until all gone.
- Place in dehydrator and dehydrate for 6 hours or until no longer sticky.
- Voila, you have homemade healthy fruit roll ups!
We gave this recipe 4 out of 5 stars. It is easy to make and healthy too! It was surprisingly very tasty. The honey we added gave it a great flavor along with the sweetness of the pineapple juice. The recipe of the smoothie was quick and easy to make though the dehydration process was very long. Overall a recipe we would highly recommend.
- As we were making the smoothie, we found it needed more juice. About an extra ½ cup is all.
- We realised that the thinner you poor the smoothie onto the sheet, the faster it dehydrates.
- Some of our circles of the fruit roll up turned out bumpy and not smooth. We know for next time to smooth them out with a spoon before dehydrating them.
- The recipe called to dehydrate the fruit roll ups for 6 hours but most likely because we didn’t make ours thin enough; we left them in an extra hour.
- Healthy homemade fruit smoothies. DHERBS.com. 2012. June 14th 2012.
- Making fruit leathers. Food dehydrator instruction manual. N.D.