Monday, June 18, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

David and Dan G.

Rating: ****

Recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn salt
1/2 tspn baking soda
3 bananas
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:
This recipe wasn't designed specifically for baking in a dutch oven, so I made a few changes to how I made it.  The first thing I did was mix all the ingredients together in the dutch oven.  Once Dan G. and I had heated the coals up for about 15 minutes we put 5 coals under the dutch oven and 16 on the top.  We surrounded the oven with tin foil and left space for air to circulate, weighted the tin foil down a little so the wind wouldn't take it, and let it cook for about 45 minutes.

Hints:
For the most part I thought this recipe went pretty well.  One of the things I did do when mixing all the ingredients together was add water to the mixture to help it mix more smoothly.  I think this may have made it a little more moist than it might have been if I hadn't added water to the mix.

Source:
"The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe." n.p. Web. <http://bestbananabreadrecipes.com/banana_bread_chocolate_chip_recipe.html> 13 June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment