Ingredients (with modifications):
· 1 cup of warm milk (110 degrees Fahrenheit)
· 2 eggs
· 1/3 cup margarine, melted
· 4 ½ cups bread flour
· 1 teaspoon of salt
· ½ cup of white sugar
· 2 ½ teaspoons bread machine yeast
· 1 cup brown sugar, packed
· 2 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
· 1/3 cup butter, softened
· Cream cheese flavored frosting
Directions (with modifications):
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press start. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover it and let rest for 10 minutes. Place in a bowl and combine it with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll the dough into a 16X21-inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up the dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls on plate. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes. Start a fire and place 30 coals in. Wait until they turn to the color white and then put out the fire.
Place your rolls into the Dutch oven. Evenly distribute the coals to the top and bottom of the Dutch oven. Place tin foil on the top of the Dutch oven and coals, and wrap it slightly around the sides. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes, then place your remaining rolls inside for another 10-15 minutes. Lightly glaze the cream cheese frosting on top of the cinnamon rolls.
· Do your best to ensure there are as many coals on the top as there are on the bottom. In our experience, we did not evenly distribute the coals, and although the top of them looked perfect, the bottom was burnt.
· Do not place too many cinnamon rolls in the Dutch oven at once because they will double or triple in size.
This recipe was easy to follow and is recommended for anyone who has limited cooking experience. The dough for this recipe had to be formed before class due to the amount of time it takes, but once class began, the rest of the directions went by swiftly. Although this recipe feeds 12 people, everyone was able to have half of one. They were delicious!